Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Oleg Lebedev <ol...@waterford.org> on 2004/03/12 06:42:27 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache error on Windows

Hi.

I installed Apache 1.3.28 on Windows 2000 SP 4. It seems to startup fine, but when I try to open page http://localhost I get an error message saying: "Apache.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created."

I checked access.log and error.log in the Apache/logs directory, but the don't contain any pertinent information. I suppose Windows kicks Apache out before it can write any logs. I was trying to find any windows logs in Administrative Tools -> Computer Management, but still nothing.

How can I debug and fix this problem?

Thanks.

Oleg

*************************************
This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential material intended for the named recipient only.
If you are not the named recipient, delete this message and all attachments.
Unauthorized reviewing, copying, printing, disclosing, or otherwise using information in this e-mail is prohibited.
We reserve the right to monitor e-mail sent through our network.

RE: [users@httpd] Apache error on Windows

Posted by Koen Vingerhoets <ko...@ubench.be>.
Did you install Apache as Administrator user??

Koen

Is this all that window shows? Usualy, more things are provided...
Anyway you need the error log. Better, if you can, get sources of
apache, compile it and install that way.

Posted by Vi <vi...@bexout.com>.