Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Lendle <le...@iis.sinica.edu.tw> on 2006/01/17 05:02:39 UTC

add backtrack ability to SchemaTypeVisitorImpl

Hi!
May I use SchemaTypeVisitorImpl only without using xmlbean generated
sources?
This is because I want to give users a hint about what element can be
inserted at some location
before he/she really insert something. I've noticed that
SchemaTypeVisitorImpl already have
enough information about the correct element sequence under a schema
type. I think I can use
SchemaTypeVisitorImpl and possibly add backtrack functionality to this
class for convenience.
However, since many information needed are stored in private members, I
cannot extend this class
but have to directly modify the source. Is this a workable choice?
Furthermore, if I modified the source code of SchemaTypeVisitorImpl.java
and use the modification
with other xmlbean source codes in a non-open source, commercial
product, what I have to do is to include a file indicating
the modification. Is my understanding to the apache style 2.0 license
correct? If not, please correct me.

Thanks!!

Sincerely,
Lendle Tseng