Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by "Terry P." <te...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/05 21:13:03 UTC

Accumulo Standby Master question

I put my secondary namenode in the masters file for the first time with
this latest Accumulo 1.4.2 cluster deployment so it would run as a Standby
Accumulo Master which I read about in the User Guide.  Recently had the
Master lose its Zookeeper lock (network glitch, being researched), and was
glad to see the secondary namenode Master process took over as it should.

But if my Namenode / Accumulo Master server goes down, I also lose the gc,
monitor, and tracer processes as well.  *Can I configure the secondary
namenode in gc, tracer, and monitor files as well, or should they run on
only one host at a time*?  In this case, the GC also lost its Zookeeper
lock, which resulted in a cluster with no GC running at all until I caught
it.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Accumulo Standby Master question

Posted by "Terry P." <te...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Josh, I really appreciate your response. That gives me the
confidence to go ahead and configure the Secondary Namenode with GC,
Monitor, and Tracer processes as backups.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
No worries -- we're always happy to help people along. It's not hard, it
just requires some patience to get used to the process.

Let us know if you have any problems/questions as you move forward, and
I'll keep an eye out for a ticket from you.

Posted by "Terry P." <te...@gmail.com>.
Hi Josh,

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Terry P." <te...@gmail.com>.