Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Andy Spiegl <sp...@spiegl.de> on 2005/07/01 23:17:03 UTC

anyone has rules against new German money-making spam?

This new spam only hits J_CHICKENPOX_24 and DATE_IN_FUTURE_12_24 or
DATE_IN_PAST_12_24.

So far they all came with "angemessenes Gehalt" in the Subject:

 Die beste Weise zu sein payed.  Anti- Spam Schutzcode:MX-8253
 Die einzigartige Moglichkeit zum Haben ein angemessenes Gehalt.  Anti- Spam
 Sind Sie bereit, ein angemessenes Gehalt zu haben. Schutzcode:LQ-2671

But the sender varies:
 Yan Hoffmann
 Yan Hofman
 Yan Hoffmunn

The content is the same though, see attachment.

Any help is very much appreciated,
 Andy.

--
                              o      _     _         _
  ------- __o       __o      /\_   _ \\o  (_)\__/o  (_)          -o)

Re: anyone has rules against new German money-making spam?

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
Andy Spiegl wrote on  Fri, 1 Jul 2005 23:17:03 +0200:

Got one of these as well.

> So far they all came with "angemessenes Gehalt" in the Subject:
>

> Die beste Weise zu sein payed.  Anti- Spam Schutzcode:MX-8253

No, not in this one!

> Any help is very much appreciated,

Help in what? I'm sure you know how to write a header rule which triggers
on "Schutzcode" or some other typicality?

But the first thing before thinking about anti-spam measures is think
about your users: block email access to "paysde.com" in your MTAs access
list.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany

Re: anyone has rules against new German money-making spam?

Posted by wolfgang <me...@gmx.net>.
In an older episode (Saturday 02 July 2005 01:55), Peter Marshall
<pm...@mailserv.caris.com> wrote:

> I am here.  Just testing our vacation message

geez.

rawbody IS_THIS_REAL /I am here.  Just testing our vacation message/
describe IS_THIS_REAL someone sending vacation messages to SA list posters
score IS_THIS_REAL 999

Re: anyone has rules against new German money-making spam?

Posted by wolfgang <me...@gmx.net>.
uri LOCAL_PAYSDE_URI /paysde\.com/
describe LOCAL_PAYSDE_URI contains a known spam URI

is a good start in my view

Re: anyone has rules against new German money-making spam?

Posted by Andy Spiegl <sp...@spiegl.de>.
> Also, unless this really is very common stuff, you should look to your
> Bayes database.  Getting Bayes_00 on a spam is generally not a good sign!

Thanks, but the mail text is pretty usual German and 95% of my users are
Germans so I can't really do much about that. :-(

I'll try with some body rules, thanks!

Bye,
 Andy.

--
                              o      _     _         _
  ------- __o       __o      /\_   _ \\o  (_)\__/o  (_)          -o)

Re: anyone has rules against new German money-making spam?

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
Don't have any rules for them, although it looks like you could do something
with the last part of the email and simple body rules to good effect.  I
don't know and can't guess enough German to even make the attempt, but a
native speaker shouldn't find it too hard.  Probably go for some of the
wording in that disclaimer at the end, or that fill-out form.  Pretty much
any constant wording that isn't likely to show up elsewhere is good for a
simple rule.

Also, unless this really is very common stuff, you should look to your Bayes
database.  Getting Bayes_00 on a spam is generally not a good sign!

        Loren