Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/31 20:32:32 UTC

Hessian version of ROP

Hello,

I have been trying a PHp client for Cayenne when I had a bit time. It
failed with an odd message, like "c" missing. I found out this was due
to changes in the hessian protocol starting with 3.2.1.

Now Cayenne is using: 3.1.6 (from 2008)
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne/main/trunk/pom.xml

But the latest Hessian version is 4.0.7 and of the 3.x series it is
hessian-3.2.1.jar.
http://hessian.caucho.com/#Java

Now, isn't it a good idea to switch to a newer version of Hessian?

I think my PHP lib is failing because it implements a newer version as
the java lib. But I am afraid I cannot find a mapping of the the java
lib to specification version.

Cheers
Christian

Re: Hessian version of ROP

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Hessian protocol has been changed significantly across versions and upgrade is rarely just a drop-in replacement of a jar... Anyways I am +1 if we open a Jira an upgrade Hessian for Cayenne 3.1 (and if somebody with a live ROP app is willing to do regression testing that would be cool)

Andrus

Re: Hessian version of ROP

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

--