Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rainer Frey <ra...@inxmail.de> on 2010/07/26 15:37:20 UTC

JMX access with SSL

Hi,

per Java SE Monitoring and Management Guide, JMX access with SSL needs a
keystore with certificate which is configured with the Java System property
javax.net.ssl.keyStore. Is it safe to set this property for Tomcat (current
6.0) to use SSL for JMX, or might this interfere with the SSL configuration of
a HTTP connector?

Thanks
Rainer

Re: JMX access with SSL

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 26/07/2010 14:37, Rainer Frey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> per Java SE Monitoring and Management Guide, JMX access with SSL needs a
> keystore with certificate which is configured with the Java System property
> javax.net.ssl.keyStore. Is it safe to set this property for Tomcat (current
> 6.0) to use SSL for JMX, or might this interfere with the SSL configuration of
> a HTTP connector?

Should be. I don't see that property in the docs:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/http.html#SSL_Support

Mark