Posted to users@camel.apache.org by yogu13 <yo...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/05 06:09:51 UTC

Camel Graceful Shutdown Issue for JMS endpoints

Hello,

I am using camel 2.14.1 in karaf with ActiveMQ 5.10. During shutdown process
once the embedded broker is stopped, I see that graceful shutdown for routes
having jms endpoints are taking a very long time as the endpoint are busy
refreshing the JMS connections instead of shutting down(note: there are no
inflight messages for processing at that point in time) and finally after a
timeout allow the route to be destroyed and the shutdown process to proceed.

JDK version being used is 1.7.x

Not sure why this keeps refreshing the JMS connections instead of shutdown.
I see that the spring provided message listener containers are used which
could fail to interpret a shutdown.

Regards,
-Yogesh

Re: Camel Graceful Shutdown Issue for JMS endpoints

Posted by yogu13 <yo...@gmail.com>.
Anyone ?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

If you have setup connection pool then make sure to setup its init and
destroy methods so the pool is shutdown cleanly as well
http://camel.apache.org/activemq

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 6:09 AM, yogu13 <yo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using camel 2.14.1 in karaf with ActiveMQ 5.10. During shutdown process
> once the embedded broker is stopped, I see that graceful shutdown for routes
> having jms endpoints are taking a very long time as the endpoint are busy
> refreshing the JMS connections instead of shutting down(note: there are no
> inflight messages for processing at that point in time) and finally after a
> timeout allow the route to be destroyed and the shutdown process to proceed.
>
> JDK version being used is 1.7.x
>
> Not sure why this keeps refreshing the JMS connections instead of shutdown.
> I see that the spring provided message listener containers are used which
> could fail to interpret a shutdown.
>
> Regards,
> -Yogesh

Claus Ibsen