Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Thomas Fischer <tf...@apache.org> on 2006/05/01 19:38:16 UTC

Re: What is sqldb.map?

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006, Yang Sun wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a new user for Torque. It is really a great tool.
>
> Now, my task is to transfer a database on postgresql to mysql. And my plan
> is to:
> 1) dump the database structure with "ant jdbc" task.
> 2) dump the datadtd with "ant datadtd" task.
> 3) dump the data in the database with "ant dumpdata" task.
> 4) create the sql ddl for mysql database with "ant create-db" task.
> 5) create the sql file for inserting the existing data with "ant datasql"
> task.

"ant create-db" is the wrong task for 4). Use "ant sql" instead.

> It works well for the first 3 tasks. But for step 4 and step 5. I met
> problems.
>
> For step 4, it creates a sql file called create-db.sql. But it only contains
> two statements.
> /-----------------------------------------
> drop database if exists postgres;
> create database postgres;
> ------------------------------------------/
> I have not naming the new database postgres. I do not know where the
> database name "postgres" comes out. Could you give me some information on
> this issue?

it probably comes either from your schema.xml file (attribute "name" of
element "database"), or (less likely) from your build.properties file.

> The other issue is for step 5. When I run "ant create-db", it always
> complain that the application cannot find the "sqldb.map". Could you tell me
> what the usage of that file and how to create it?

It is a map filename -> database name. If you run "ant sql" it is
automatically created for the generated sql files. I thought it would be
the same for "ant datasql", but I have no experience there. Maybe you can
generate the file manually and give its location to the ant task (read
the build-torque file on how to do that).

    Thomas