Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by PJR69 <pe...@insta.fi> on 2013/02/12 07:10:21 UTC

ActiveMQ Broker failing to bind

I'm trying to make a Camel Route for passing JMS-messages using ActiveMQ
endpoints.

I have downloaded ServiceMix Full 4.4.2 and done no changes to the
configuration. That is, I have just unzipped the windows distribution and
starting servicemix.bat and that's all.

On the log I get this text:

... etc ...

And the broker doesn't seem to get started (i.e. netstat -a shows nothing
for port 61616) and when I deploy my route, I just hangs on this log entry:

08:05:49,549 | INFO  | rint Extender: 2 | BlueprintContainerImpl           |
10 - org.apache.aries.blueprint - 0.3.1 | Bundle MyRoute is waiting for
dependencies [(objectClass=javax.jms.ConnectionFactory)]

So I assume this just means that ActiveMQ Broker isn't available.

How to fix this? By googling around I've found texts about web console
starting a broker by itself and this causing the issue. However, AFAIU, this
should havee been fixed way before 4.4.2, (4.4.0 IIRC)

And I repeat: I did not do any configuration changes before starting smix
4.4.2 after unzipping the windows full distribution so that error can't be
due to my configuration but appears on vanilla 4.4.2 distribution when
starting smix for the first time after unzipping the distro.

Re: ActiveMQ Broker failing to bind

Posted by PJR69 <pe...@insta.fi>.
Right, it seems that something on my Win7 computer is reserving a range of
TCP ports even though netstat (or TcpView) doesn't show anything on those
ports.

Once I changed activemq.port to 51616 and stomp-port to 51613, the broker
started to work ok. It seems that pretty much all ports >61000 were taken by
something as I tried about 20 random ports there and got the JVM_Bind error
on all of those. Maybe Lync takes those ports or some VPN stuff on this
comp, dunno.

Weird are the ways of windows, can't say much more. This issue is closed.

Re: ActiveMQ Broker failing to bind

Posted by PJR69 <pe...@insta.fi>.
Ok, I tried to run smix 4.4.2 on another computer as well and there it works!

Very weird, I tried changing the default port 61616 to several other high
ports randomly but all give the same JVM_Bind issue so I doubt that the port
itself is really already bound. Then I turned off the F-Secure firewall to
see if that was the issue, but no, still the same exception.

So, it must be something on my computer / environment... A bit puzzled as to
what...