Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Strong <rs...@panix.com> on 2004/11/05 17:58:33 UTC

User Defined Types

Can anyone comment on the current and likely future state of support for
user defined types in Derby? My understanding is that it was pulled by
IBM but could be enabled again with reasonable effort.

My group at Columbia University (we've since moved to NYU) was one of
the first to use the original Cloudscape product in a system we use to
support clinical research. We found the ability to store/retrieve/query
Java instances very handy and made extensive use of it. I would be
delighted to find that we would be able to retain use of this feature in
Derby in the near future.

Thanks for any info,

Rick Strong