Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Arnaud Le Hors <le...@us.ibm.com> on 2000/07/11 19:37:12 UTC

Let's move on!

Alright guys,

Several messages in my mailbox this morning make me feel sick again. But
to try and put an end to this, I'm not going to answer any of them. Just
don't assume I agree with anything that has been said.

Again, I think all this could have been avoided, easily. But forget it.

As I've said, or tried to: we've never intended to make this project
ours, we are all for an open discussion, we are all for a rearchitecture
of the parser, and we welcome anybody to join the discussion and help on
the next version of Xerces.

So, please, let's move on!

Re: Let's move on!

Posted by Edwin Goei <Ed...@eng.sun.com>.
> Again, I think all this could have been avoided, easily. But forget it.

Maybe this is just part of open source development :-) as evidenced by
gnuemacs vs. XEmacs, gcc vs. egcs, or just Tomcat vs. Catalina.

> As I've said, or tried to: we've never intended to make this project
> ours, we are all for an open discussion, we are all for a rearchitecture
> of the parser, and we welcome anybody to join the discussion and help on
> the next version of Xerces.

Great, glad to hear it.

-Edwin