Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dreier Ruediger <Ru...@bdal.de> on 2011/10/20 17:02:20 UTC

Maven 3.0.3: Problems with SNAPSHOT updates

Hello!

We are currently using Maven 2.2.1 and Artifactory 2.3.4 (rev. 13017) as repository server and I am now evaluating if we can migrate to Maven 3.

I am testing Maven 3 in the following environment:

Apache Maven 3.0.3 (r1075438; 2011-02-28 18:31:09+0100)
Java version: 1.6.0_26, vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "x86", family: "windows"

I used a very simple POM file for this check:

  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>de.bdal.common.bcl</groupId>
      <artifactId>settings</artifactId>
      <version>0.0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
      <classifier>binaries</classifier>
      <type>zip</type>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>

  <build>
    <plugins>

      <plugin>

        <version>2.2</version>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <phase>process-resources</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>unpack-dependencies</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <copyPom>true</copyPom>
              <outputDirectory>./target/references</outputDirectory>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

    </plugins>
  </build>

On a second PC (our Jenkins build system, still using Maven 2.2.1) the project de.bdal.common.bcl:settings can be build.

With an empty local repository, everything works well:
'mvn install' downloads the newest version of de.bdal.common.bcl:settings to my local repository and the dependency plugin extracts it.

Then I use Jenkins on the build system to create a new SNAPSHOT build of de.bdal.common.bcl:settings.

Now I try to use this new version:

'mvn -U install' only downloads metadata:

Downloading: http://hbeswbinaries1/repo/de/bdal/common/bcl/settings/0.0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml
Downloaded: http://hbeswbinaries1/repo/de/bdal/common/bcl/settings/0.0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml (319 B at 4.0 KB/sec)

and my local repository contains updated files "maven-metadata-inhouse.xml", "maven-metadata-inhouse.xml.sha1" and "resolver-status.properties". But all other files are not changed (especially settings-0.0.0.1-SNAPSHOT-binaries.zip is not updated). However "maven-metadata-inhouse.xml" contains the correct value for lastUpdate (build time on the server).

What am I doing wrong?
How do I get updates of snapshot dependencies without deleting my local repository?

Thanks for any help,

i.A. Rüdiger Dreier
Project Manager

Bruker Daltonik GmbH
Fahrenheitstr. 4
28359 Bremen, Germany

Phone: +49 421 2205-393
Fax:     +49 421 2205-3005

ruediger.dreier@bdal.de<ma...@bdal.de>
www.bruker.com<http://www.bruker.com/>

________________________________
Sitz der Gesellschaft / Registered Office Bremen; Handelsregister Amtsgericht Bremen HRB 8150 / Commercial Register District Court Bremen HRB 8150; Geschäftsführer / Managing Directors: Frank Laukien, Ph. D., Gerd Hülso, Sebastian Meyer-Plath, Stefan Ruge, Ian Sanders, Ph. D., Dr. Michael Schubert

Haftungsausschluss: Die Bruker Daltonik GmbH ist nicht verantwortlich für die ordnungsgemäße, vollständige und verzögerungsfreie Übertragung der Nachricht. Der Inhalt der E-Mail ist nur rechtsverbindlich, wenn er unsererseits durch einen Brief oder ein Fax entsprechend bestätigt wird.

Disclaimer: Bruker Daltonik GmbH is not responsible for correct, complete and timely transmission of this message. The content of this e-mail, including any attachments, is only legally binding if confirmed by Bruker Daltonik GmbH by letter or fax

RE: Maven 3.0.3: Problems with SNAPSHOT updates

Posted by Dreier Ruediger <Ru...@bdal.de>.
Hello!

Thanks everyone, I'll try this Artifactory change as soon as our Artifactory guru is back from vacation!

Regards,

Ruediger

Posted by Patrick Sansoucy <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Parker <on...@gmail.com>.