Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by Alex Kolbasov <ak...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/11 23:12:32 UTC

[DISCUSS] Having an interactive chat account for Apache Sentry

What do people think about having Apache Sentry chat room where we can hang out and informally chat and discuss technical and non-technical issues? Is there any Apache infrastructure for that (e.g. HipChat or Slack account)? If not we can use some private account for that purpose (I think that’s what Kudu is doing).

Any thoughts about this?

- Alex

Re: [DISCUSS] Having an interactive chat account for Apache Sentry

Posted by Vamsee Yarlagadda <va...@cloudera.com>.
+1. IIRC, they are using slack.

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 4:21 PM, Kalyan Kumar Kalvagadda <
kkalyan@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Sasha,
>
> That an nice idea. Do you know what Apache infrastructure is kudu project
> using?
>
> -Kalyan
>
> -Kalyan
>
> On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 6:12 PM, Alex Kolbasov <ak...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What do people think about having Apache Sentry chat room where we can
> > hang out and informally chat and discuss technical and non-technical
> > issues? Is there any Apache infrastructure for that (e.g. HipChat or
> Slack
> > account)? If not we can use some private account for that purpose (I
> think
> > that’s what Kudu is doing).
> >
> > Any thoughts about this?
> >
> > - Alex

Vamsee

Re: [DISCUSS] Having an interactive chat account for Apache Sentry

Posted by Alexander Kolbasov <ak...@cloudera.com>.
> On May 12, 2017, at 7:38 AM, Sergio Pena <se...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>

> Some projects, such as Hive, use an IRC channel on the irc.freenode.net
> server. This should be free and unlimited. However, I would like to try
> Slack while the community is small.

IRC/freenode is fine as well.

> Btw, I'm not aware of any Apache infra for chat accounts.

There is no “Apache hi-chat” account?

- Alex

Posted by Sergio Pena <se...@cloudera.com>.
Sasha,