Posted to repository@apache.org by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org> on 2007/06/27 08:41:04 UTC

Re: Howto publish a JAR that was not generated by Maven to the m2 repo ?

As we build the Velocity code also using straight ant, I used e.g.

mvn -Dfile=anakia-1.0.jar \
	-Drepository.id=apache.releases \
	-DpomFile=pom.xml \
	-Durl=scpexe://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository
	deploy:deploy-file

to deploy releases. The URL thing obviously sucks and you will need a
POM that is derived from the official Apache POM so that the
repository.id is defined but apart from that, you will get the POM, the
jar and all the checksum and signature files into the repo in one go.

	Best regards
		Henning

Posted by tomdz <to...@apache.org>.
Wendy Smoak wrote:

>> I did a test (deploying to my home directory instead of the repository)
>> and this command works fine except that it did not deploy the signature
>> file. This was with Maven 2.0.6. Do I have to copy it manually or is
>> there some magic command line parameter that tells Maven to also deploy
>> the .asc file ?
>
> We haven't solved that one yet... http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MGPG-7
>
> In the past I've just used a script to walk a local directory
> structure and scp the signatures up to the right place in the repo.

Ah, I wasn't aware that deploy:deploy-file did not actually use the .md5
and .sha files that I had on my local disk alongside the jar but instead
generated its own.
Anyway, that's what I ended up doing - copying the .asc file directly to
the repo folder where the jar is.

thanks,
tom

Re: Howto publish a JAR that was not generated by Maven to the m2 repo ?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

--
Wendy

Re: Howto publish a JAR that was not generated by Maven to the m2 repo ?

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.
As Wendy already wrote, I was wrong here. I do remember dimly now that I
copied the signature files by hand.

	Best regards
		Henning

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <me...@tomdz.de>.

Posted by tomdz <to...@apache.org>.
Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:

> As we build the Velocity code also using straight ant, I used e.g.
>
> mvn -Dfile=anakia-1.0.jar \
> 	-Drepository.id=apache.releases \
> 	-DpomFile=pom.xml \
> 	-Durl=scpexe://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository
> 	deploy:deploy-file
>
> to deploy releases. The URL thing obviously sucks and you will need a
> POM that is derived from the official Apache POM so that the
> repository.id is defined but apart from that, you will get the POM, the
> jar and all the checksum and signature files into the repo in one go.

Oh nice, thanks a lot, Henning, that looks like what I need.

cheers,
Tom