Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Todd P <tp...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/31 14:59:44 UTC

Subversion Ruby Bindings for Windows (Win32).

I've been looking into compiling the Subversion Ruby Bindings for Windows
myself, but I'm pretty stuck after spending a few hours looking into this.
Are there any plans to include these compiled in the future?

There seemed to be problems with some ruby headers that are fixed now. (I
read this in a previous message.)

But I'm not really sure the process for actually building the Subversion
Ruby Bindings, testing them, and then installing them on the windows
platform.  (I've read about running 'make swig-rb', 'make check-swig-rb'
and  'make install-swig-rb'.)

Does anyone know where to start for this?

Thanks,
Todd

Re: Subversion Ruby Bindings for Windows (Win32).

Posted by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@gmail.com>.
On 5/31/06, Todd P <tp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been looking into compiling the Subversion Ruby Bindings for Windows
> myself, but I'm pretty stuck after spending a few hours looking into this.
> Are there any plans to include these compiled in the future?
>
> There seemed to be problems with some ruby headers that are fixed now. (I
> read this in a previous message.)
>
> But I'm not really sure the process for actually building the Subversion
> Ruby Bindings, testing them, and then installing them on the windows
> platform.  (I've read about running 'make swig-rb', 'make check-swig-rb' and
>  'make install-swig-rb'.)
>
> Does anyone know where to start for this?

The first step would be to build Subversion with swig support (which
just means swig is found in your PATH somewhere when you run
gen-make.py).  Once you can build the Subversion client and libs, you
can try to build the projects for the ruby bindings -- if those don't
work (no idea if they do) then post specific information with the
errors and hopefully someone can help.

DJ