Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Michael Wood <mw...@its.uct.ac.za> on 2003/12/04 07:50:22 UTC

Re: Hook error messages

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 09:20:30AM +0100, Tim Armes wrote:
> Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]
> > #!/bin/sh
> > echo "You must supply a log message" >&2
> > exit 1
[snip]

> Perfect.  Can someone please tell me how to achieve the same thing in a
> Windows BAT file?

I believe someone mentioned on the dev or users list a while ago that
the ">&2" thing (or something similar) worked on Windows too (maybe just
WinNT/XP/2k/2k3?)

The thread was also about hook scripts, IIRC.

Just found the post:

http://www.contactor.se/~dast/svn/archive-2003-08/0551.shtml

> From: Branko Cibej (brane_at_xbc.nu)
[...]
> Heh. Echo can do it, so can anything else. Redirection to stderr is done
> the same way as on Unix: 1>&2. Windows Help is your friend.
[...]

--
Michael Wood <mw...@its.uct.ac.za>