Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Steve Dimoff <sd...@usnetworksinc.com> on 2004/07/09 15:37:53 UTC

SpamCopURI fails in spamassassin --lint

I know I've seen some people here post about this problem, but I never saw
anyone say they resolved it.  I tried posting to the SpamCopURI group but
didn't get any help.

After the new (BIG)BigEvil rule set came out I really want to start using
the subrl.

I'm running Gentoo Linux for SPARC
Kernel 2.4.24-sparc-r2
Perl: This is perl, v5.8.2 built for sparc-linux

Here are my errors:

Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   snurl.com              *.snurl.com
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   snipurl.com            *.snipurl.com
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   tinyclick.com          *.tinyclick.com
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   babyurl.com            *.babyurl.com
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   lin.kz                 *.lin.kz
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   *.v3.net
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   shorl.com              *.shorl.com
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   tinyurl.com            *.tinyurl.com
Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   xurl.us
Failed to compile URI SpamAssassin tests, skipping:
        (syntax error at /etc/mail/spamassassin/spamcop_uri.cf, rule
SPAMCOP_URI_RBL, line 1, near "eval:"

I tried installing both from SOURCE and from CPAN.   Doesn't matter which
one, still get the same errors.

I've got this working great on a RH Linux system.  I'm thinking it's a perl
module problem.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Re: SpamCopURI fails in spamassassin --lint

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.
At 09:37 AM 7/9/04 -0400, Steve Dimoff wrote:
>After the new (BIG)BigEvil rule set came out I really want to start using
>the subrl.
>
>I'm running Gentoo Linux for SPARC
>Kernel 2.4.24-sparc-r2
>Perl: This is perl, v5.8.2 built for sparc-linux
>
>Here are my errors:
>
>Failed to parse line in SpamAssassin configuration, skipping:
>open_redirect_list_spamcop_uri   snurl.com              *.snurl.com

<snip>

>Failed to compile URI SpamAssassin tests, skipping:
>         (syntax error at /etc/mail/spamassassin/spamcop_uri.cf, rule
>SPAMCOP_URI_RBL, line 1, near "eval:"
>

>I tried installing both from SOURCE and from CPAN.   Doesn't matter which
>one, still get the same errors.
>
>I've got this working great on a RH Linux system.  I'm thinking it's a perl
>module problem.

First, make sure you're using SpamAssassing 2.63. If you're not, upgrade.
the SpamCopURI tool has to patch the SA code directly, and AFAIK that only
works for 2.63.

After that, I'd check to see if the install went correctly.

         Locate EvalTests.pm, it should be somewhere under
Mail/SpamAssassin/SpamAssassin in your perl libs directory.
         2) see if the Mail::SpamCopURI install patched this file correctly:
                 grep "check_spamcop_uri_rbl" EvalTests.pm