Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Alex <de...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/22 13:41:52 UTC

client certificate authentication

Hi,

I have setup a apach2 http server with

SSLVerifyClient require
SSLVerifyDepth 2
SSLOptions +ExportCertData +StdEnvVars

the apache2 is linked via ajp-connector to the tomcat 6.0.24 container.

when I want to get the hole certificate chain with

certs = (X509Certificate[])
servletRequest.getAttribute("javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate");

I always get only one certificate the client certificate.

My Question: Is there a possibility to get the hole certificate chain?

Thank you, Alex

RE: client certificate authentication

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Good Evening Alex

you can fetch the certiciate chain from the keystore's FileInputStream e.g.
   // instantiate a KeyStore with type JKS
    KeyStore ks = KeyStore.getInstance("JKS");
    // load the contents of the KeyStore
    ks.load(new FileInputStream("./keystore"),
    	"password".toCharArray());
    // fetch certificate chain stored with alias "sean"
    Certificate[] certArray = ks.getCertificateChain("sean")http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/security/certpath/CertPathProgGuide.html#PKIXClasses
Martin Gainty

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/210850553/direct/01/

Re: client certificate authentication

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
Alex,

This is probably a question that should be asked on the Tomcat mailing list.

Andreas