Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by pawel sabina <pa...@comarch.com> on 2005/05/07 13:44:00 UTC

svn checkout problems

Hi,

I was not able to checkout the JackRabbit sources from svn:

svn: failed requesting REPORT for '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: REPORT from '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
(http://svn.apache.org)

can anyone help, or simply send me a jar, please?

thanks,
pawel

--
Choose the best place to meet Comarch in May

France: Telemanagement World http://tmw.comarch.com
Russia: Sviaz-Expocomm http://sviaz.comarch.com
USA: Billing&OSS World http://boss.comarch.com

Re: svn checkout problems

Posted by Jukka Zitting <jz...@yukatan.fi>.
Hi,

Pawel Sabina wrote:
> I was not able to checkout the JackRabbit sources from svn:
>
> svn: failed requesting REPORT for '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
> svn: REPORT from '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
> (http://svn.apache.org)

Hmm, I suspect that this is a either a temporary problem or an issue
with your svn client.

> can anyone help, or simply send me a jar, please?

I was able to do a full checkout without problems. You may want to try
again, but if it still does not work, you can find the fresh sources and
the compiled jar at http://yukatan.fi/2005/05/.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: svn checkout problems

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
On May 7, 2005, at 4:44 AM, pawel sabina wrote:
> I was not able to checkout the JackRabbit sources from svn:
>
> svn: failed requesting REPORT for '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default'
> svn: REPORT from '/repos/asf/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
> (http://svn.apache.org)

That is most likely due to a corporate proxy that doesn't
forward REPORT requests (i.e., it was written by an idiot
who doesn't understand the meaning of "extensible").
Subversion might have a workaround to disable REPORT and
use GET instead.

....Roy