Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2004/07/12 06:49:19 UTC

Re: Site ready?

Posted by Daniel Quinlan <qu...@pathname.com>.
jm@jmason.org (Justin Mason) writes:

>> Also: can we please _STOP_ making files immutable on the bugzilla box?
>> it's really annoying.
>
> rcsvi takes care of that for you --  you are using it, right? ;)

I agree with Theo.  Please, let's just use RCS, it uses permissions to
handle... permissions.  Immutable files are just annoying and I can't
open a file in Emacs (which has RCS support, thank you), without
screwing around with the immutable bit on bugzilla.

Daniel

--
Daniel Quinlan
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/

Re: Site ready?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 09:49:19PM -0700, Justin Mason wrote:
> hmm! We're no longer going to do nightly "builds".  Instead we just link
> to the cvs.apache.org nightly snapshots of SVN trunk.  That's why they're
> no longer there.
>
> In other words, we shouldn't have links to old.spamassassin.org
> there.

Right, but the cvs.apache.org nightly snapshots aren't currently doing
the spamassassin tree.  So I commented out the pointer to their site
and added in pointers to old.sa.org until we're put in the nightly
snapshot cron.  Then we can remove the old.sa.org pointers, and just
aim at cvs.apache.org.

> > Also: can we please _STOP_ making files immutable on the bugzilla box?
> > it's really annoying.
>
> rcsvi takes care of that for you --  you are using it, right? ;)

heh.  I know about rcsvi, but don't usually use it.  "co -l", "vi",
"ci -u" is easy enough for me to do. ;)

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"You ripped his arm off.