Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bill Pfeiffer <ws...@tampabay.rr.com> on 2001/01/02 13:48:03 UTC

SilverStream 3.7 and Struts

There was some mention a while back in a thread titled "Proposed Solution to
Non-Serializable MessageResources Class" that described a problem that I am
encountering with SilverStream 3.7.  I am not actually using
MessageResources in my web application, but I am encountering the following
when deploying a very simple struts web app to SilverStream:

java.lang.LinkageError: Class org/apache/struts/action/ActionForm violates
loader constraints

SilverStream support indicated that this had something to do with the way
the MessageResources is not serializable.

Is there an update (Struts or SilverStream) that addresses this problem?

TIA,

Bill Pfeiffer

Re: SilverStream 3.7 and Struts

Posted by Bill Pfeiffer <ws...@tampabay.rr.com>.
I have SS 3.7 rc1 which is the latest release.

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@j-com.nl>.

MultiboxTag

Posted by Juan Gargiulo <ju...@mindstech.com>.
Is there more documentation or examples on how to use the Multibox tag??

Thanks,

juan

Re: SilverStream 3.7 and Struts

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Bill Pfeiffer wrote:

> Pat,
>
> Thanks, I was made aware of the restart option by SS support.  Cycling the
> SS server is not an option I like during development nor during production.
> The restart of SS takes a long time during dev and I prefer not to disrupt
> my production server in such a manner.
>
> It sounded as though there were plans to come up with a serializable version
> of the class in question.  Is this still in the works?

The Serializable implementation of MessageResources is in the current nightly
builds of Struts, and has been for at least a couple of weeks.

The Struts example application still has some non-Serializable context
attritutes, but as far as I know all of the components stored there by the
framework itself are now Serializable -- if I missed something, please report a
bug.

> TIA,
>
> Bill Pfeiffer

Craig McClanahan