Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/15 13:26:21 UTC

[Axis2] Improved serialiser

Hi all,
I made some improvements to the serialiser so that it has flexibility.
Now the serialiser takes in a XMLStreamWriter object and writes to it
(not the output stream).
One apparent advantage of this approach to me is that the serialiser
stays the same when the output form needs to be changed. A different
implementation of a XMLStreamWriter can be passed to the serialiser so
that it produces the necessary output.
The major changes were done to the following classes
 org.apache.axis.impl.llom.serialize.SimpleOMSerializer
 org.apache.axis.impl.llom.serialize.StreamingOMSerializer

thoughts ?

--
Ajith Ranabahu

Re: [Axis2] Improved serialiser

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
Ajith Ranabahu wrote:

>Yep you are quite right there. XMLStreamWriter can have many
>implementations but what it has is a set of methods such as
>writeStartElement, WriteCharacters and so on. We have to have an
>someone sitting in the middle calling the correct methods of the
>streamwriter according to whatever the events.
>
>Is it not?

there are two options: element )or factory) knows how to serialize
element and/or user can provide their own algorithms.

this is especially important wen doing conversion of Java types into XML
Infoset (so if OM element child is binary object it is serialized as
BASE64 not toString()).

alek

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.