Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by "Goga, Murtaza" <mu...@trisyngroup.com> on 2006/11/30 16:48:02 UTC

RDB DAS Dynamic Types

We do not generate static types from our schemas.  Is it possible to use
DAS to perform the mapping into the custom type we have defined in our
schema?  In other words can a Command return the custom DataObject on an
executeQuery.

I have specified the namespace as the "dataObjectModel" attribute in the
Config element and am providing the "typeName" on the Table element.  At
the start of the program I register my schema with
XSDHelper.INSTANCE.define.  I am not able to make the two ends meet with
the following error - "SDO Types have not been registered for URI"...

I cannot use SDOUtil.registerStaticTypes - is there an equivalent
operation to get around the above issue.

Thanks,

Murtaza

Re: RDB DAS Dynamic Types

Posted by Brent Daniel <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Murtaza,

  There is a bug in the DAS that is preventing this scenario from
working. I have opened TUSCANY-961 for this and will fix it shortly.
Things should work the way you have implemented them -- The DAS will
use the URI in the "dataObjectModel" attribute to look up the types
defined by XSDHelper.define().

Brent