Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by _dani <da...@dplanet.ch> on 2006/11/08 16:41:07 UTC

accordionPanel problem with attribute assignment

Hello guys

I changed some attribute for the accordionPanel component, ex. borderColor.
The change has no effect, the component still renders the default settings
(color).

I think I tracked the problem down, maybe it is a problem in customRico.js.
The method setOptions in the Rico.Toggler.Custom class defines default
settings and tries in a second step to overload the attributes with custom
settings:

Object.extend(options, {});

I think that this can't work. I changed it to:

Object.extend(this.options, options);

Now the attributes are propperly propagated (as far i could see for the
borderColor, there could be some problems with other attributes (naming)).

Does someone have an idea, or did I understand something completly wrong?

greetings daniel

Re: accordionPanel problem with attribute assignment

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Gerald Müllan schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> the problem is that accordionPanel is more or less deprecated since
> the heavy use of dojo in sandbox/tomahawk. The component relies on
> rico and will be sooner or later replaced by the dojo accordion
> widget.
>
> Therefore it will be difficult to get support; but feel free to bring
> some enhancements to the custom myfaces js file for rico
> initialisation.

or write a dojo based renderer for the existing panel ;-)...

Re: accordionPanel problem with attribute assignment

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

the problem is that accordionPanel is more or less deprecated since
the heavy use of dojo in sandbox/tomahawk. The component relies on
rico and will be sooner or later replaced by the dojo accordion
widget.

Therefore it will be difficult to get support; but feel free to bring
some enhancements to the custom myfaces js file for rico
initialisation.

regards,

Gerald

On 11/8/06, _dani <da...@dplanet.ch> wrote:

> Hello guys
>
> I changed some attribute for the accordionPanel component, ex. borderColor.
> The change has no effect, the component still renders the default settings
> (color).
>
> I think I tracked the problem down, maybe it is a problem in customRico.js.
> The method setOptions in the Rico.Toggler.Custom class defines default
> settings and tries in a second step to overload the attributes with custom
> settings:
>
> Object.extend(options, {});
>
> I think that this can't work. I changed it to:
>
> Object.extend(this.options, options);
>
> Now the attributes are propperly propagated (as far i could see for the
> borderColor, there could be some problems with other attributes (naming)).
>
> Does someone have an idea, or did I understand something completly wrong?
>
> greetings daniel

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and