Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Kevin Pfaff <ke...@byteconsult.de> on 2011/09/01 09:14:41 UTC

Jackrabbit-RMI performance problems

Hello -

I have a little problem with the performance with jcr over rmi on different pcs. We have the same jackrabbit-standalone (version 2.2.7) running on 3 different pcs. Two of them are the same pcs (hardware) and one is more powerful. The access speed on the more powerful one and one of the other two is much slower (1-2 accesses per second) than on the third one (more than ten). We use the exact same jcr-standalone (version 2.2.7), operating system (windows 7 sp1), Eclipse version (indigo),  jdk (1.6.0_26) and program (the one we are developing). Anybody some suggestions?

Thanks,
Kevin

Behalten Sie die Zukunft von Marketing und IT im Blick. Abonnieren Sie unseren Newsletter unter http://newsletter.byteconsult.de

AW: Jackrabbit-RMI performance problems

Posted by Kevin Pfaff <ke...@byteconsult.de>.
Hi,

I now can pinpoint the problem after some testing. The reason for the long access times comes from the login. I stopped time for this code:

		Credentials credentials = new SimpleCredentials("Test", "test".toCharArray());
		this.repository.login(credentials);

The repository comes from Spring IDE with autowire and the setting for the repository are the same for all 3 pcs. The fast pc needs for this little code about 5 milliseconds the other two need over 500 ms. We even tried to connect to the repository of the "fast access pc" over network, but still the same results, it is only fast for itself. Some suggestions?

Posted by Kevin Pfaff <ke...@byteconsult.de>.
Hi,

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 11:37 AM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds like differences in RMI or network configuration. Have you traced the network traffic between the RMI client and the different servers?

The servers (jackrabbit-standalone) are running on localhost on all three pcs each. The programs are running on tomcat 6 in eclipse and connect to the jackrabbit-standalone on the same pc.

Regards,

Re: Jackrabbit-RMI performance problems

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 9:14 AM, Kevin Pfaff <ke...@byteconsult.de> wrote:
> I have a little problem with the performance with jcr over rmi on different
> pcs. [...] Anybody some suggestions?

Sounds like differences in RMI or network configuration. Have you
traced the network traffic between the RMI client and the different
servers?

BR,

Jukka Zitting