Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2005/10/08 11:53:25 UTC

Re: svn commit: r307241 [2/2] - in /forrest/trunk/main/webapp/resources/stylesheets: ./ aggregates/

diwaker@apache.org wrote:
> Added: forrest/trunk/main/webapp/resources/stylesheets/lucene-search-to-xdoc.xsl

When moving a resource please use "svn move path/to/resource", this adds
the now one and deletes the old on in one command, but more importantly
it keeps the history of the old file.

Ross

Re: svn commit: r307241

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Diwaker Gupta wrote:
> On Saturday 08 October 2005 2:53 am, Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>diwaker@apache.org wrote:
>>
>>>Added:
>>>forrest/trunk/main/webapp/resources/stylesheets/lucene-search-to-xdoc.xsl
>>
>>When moving a resource please use "svn move path/to/resource", this adds
>>the now one and deletes the old on in one command, but more importantly
>>it keeps the history of the old file.
>

> Agreed. I just didn't want to do a move right away -- wanted to make sure
> things were working fine first. Anyways, the rename is underway now.

That's the great thing about SVN. You can make the changes locally and
commit them after testing. Even if a mistake is made and errors are
committed it can easily be rolled back. But if we lose history the move
(and hence any subsequent rollback) can become difficult to track.

Ross

Re: svn commit: r307241

Posted by Diwaker Gupta <di...@apache.org>.

--