Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by "Sankaran, Gopinath X" <Go...@delta.com> on 2005/10/20 16:54:15 UTC

Integrate Pluto Container/Driver in SunOne

Hi there,
I am trying to integrate some form of pluto with Tibco/Sun One
environment. To accomplish this, I need to strip down certain features
of the pluto driver and optimize it for the portal. I would prefer to
have just one portlet per page (avoid portlets aggregation in a page)
but I would still like to retain the pluto container and portlet-api
framework.
Roughly, I am masking the portlet as a servlet but still prefer the
benefits of the portal features like portlet registration, URL
manipulation etc. I started looking into stripping down of the driver to
service a lean one portlet per page scenario. Are there any
documentation available or has anybody tried to manipulate the driver.
If so, please provide some direction.

Thanks
GOpi

Re: Integrate Pluto Container/Driver in SunOne

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
Which version are you using? 1.0.1?

Depending on what you need, the 1.1 branch would probably be much easier to
accomplish this with, but is not released yet. Depending on the level of
portlet compliance (doesn't sound like a ton), you may want to consider it.
I would also anticipate that your efforts would provide valuable input to
1.1's development.

Send us some specifics on what issues you're running into and we'll be happy
to help you resolve them.

David