Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by sp...@neobright.net on 2005/05/13 15:37:47 UTC

Outbound Filtering.

I'm interested in using SpamAssassin and would like to know if anyone has
used it for
outbound filtering.

For example:
I would like the ability to filter messages by domain.  To prevent being
blacklisted by
AOL or such companies, I would like to filter outbound email destined to
AOL for spam
and/or viruses.  Is this possible with SpamAssassin?

Thank you,
Nina

Re: Outbound Filtering.

Posted by Martin Hepworth <ma...@solid-state-logic.com>.
Nina

depends on how you are calling SA.

I use MailScanner and it's perfectly possible to get MailScanner to scan
outbound email for spam only for certain domains.

BUT as most spammer infected machines have their MTA, you'll prob need a
firewall rule to redirect all outbound SMTP messages to the SpamAssassin
box..

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

spamassassin@neobright.net wrote:

> I'm interested in using SpamAssassin and would like to know if anyone
> has used it for
> outbound filtering.
>
> For example:
> I would like the ability to filter messages by domain.  To prevent being
> blacklisted by
> AOL or such companies, I would like to filter outbound email destined to
> AOL for spam
> and/or viruses.  Is this possible with SpamAssassin?
>
> Thank you,
> Nina

the system manager.

Re: Outbound Filtering.

Posted by James R <ja...@trusswood.dyndns.org>.
spamassassin@neobright.net wrote:

> I'm interested in using SpamAssassin and would like to know if anyone
> has used it for
> outbound filtering.
>
> For example:
> I would like the ability to filter messages by domain.  To prevent being
> blacklisted by
> AOL or such companies, I would like to filter outbound email destined to
> AOL for spam
> and/or viruses.  Is this possible with SpamAssassin?
>
> Thank you,
> Nina

Yes. I had this setup for a bit when I first started with SA (my
connector between SA and the MTA didn't know about users.) We are a
small # of users, but high mail volume (engineering.) I figured I could
flog a user if he/she started spamming ;-D

James