Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2001/08/01 07:24:14 UTC

Re: [antlist] custom task - how to pass *.java filenames

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, T. Master <tm...@iknowledgeinc.com> wrote:

> I'm starting to write my own custom task (oooooh) as a wrapper
> around JavaNCSS.

congrats 8-)

> I want to be able to pass all the *.java names to my task.  I'm
> thinking I should have my custom task allow a nested fileset (along
> with patternset).

Just stick with FileSet, extending MatchingTask used to be the
preferred choice before FileSet was there.

If the javadocs of FileSet and DirectoryScanner don't get you where
you want, you'll have to look at the source - I think looking at the
code for Touch would be best to start.

Oh, and please improve the documentation to include all that has been
unintuitive and feed it back to Ant 8-)

Stefan

RE: [antlist] custom task - how to pass *.java filenames

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
> From: T Master [mailto:tmaster@iknowledgeinc.com]
>
> To whom should i report back documentation improvements?
>
> T Master.

You can submit patches to the ant-dev list or you can create a bug report on
http://nagoya.apache.org and detail theimprovement there, possibly including
a patch attachment.

Conor

Re: [antlist] custom task - how to pass *.java filenames

Posted by T Master <tm...@iknowledgeinc.com>.
Thanks.
I took a look at Jar, and that was too complex and confusing, so i then did
a good job of copy/paste coding from the delete task.

Seems I've done a good job of following the right path by using directory
scanner and fileset.  I won't extend MatchedTask then.
One thing I am confused over though is the excludes.  Am i meant to
implement that?  Or is that taken care of?