Posted to user@drill.apache.org by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com> on 2015/10/12 18:45:54 UTC

JSON Data with dot in keyname

I am getting some data that seems well formed, except for there are dots in
some of the key names.

Basically, something like ip.src seems to be making it fail with a "Field
References must be singular names"

I am using the MapR Packaged Drill 1.2.

I can prove this out with

{"hello":"goodbye", "yousayyes":"isayno"}

works fine but

{"hello.yoko":"goodbye", "yousayyes":"isayno"}

Screams loudly that there is a failure.

Is there a way we could handle dots in the key name on JSON?

John

Re: JSON Data with dot in keyname

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
The JIRA is well filled out.