Posted to dev@tiles.apache.org by Mck <mi...@semb.wever.org> on 2010/05/04 10:02:55 UTC

[OT] jira workflow WAS: Commented: (TILES-506) Fix link to jira under "Project Information --> Issue tracking"

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 09:35 +0200, Antonio Petrelli wrote:
> Not the issue, the version in the "Fix for" field of Jira issues. The
> issues should be moved to a higher version.

Couldn't this just be done in the same bulk step as when you change all
the issues to closed?
That is all those resolved issues remain resolved until one of the "test
builds" is successfully made into a release X.Y.Z. At that point then
all those resolved issues are bulk changed to "closed" and "Fix for
X.Y.X".

It's not so important, as i've marked the subject OT, but i'm presuming
that apache doesn't give anyone here the rights to remove the "resolved"
state from the TILES jira project, and so am wondering if there's a way
to better use it. Nobody likes dead wood!

> Anyway, your questions are always welcome!

Thanks. There are many ways of organising an issue tracker so it's nice
to know how tiles does it, and to just learn another way.

~mck

--
"The rainbow would not be without first the rain." D Donche Jr
| http://semb.wever.org | http://sesat.no | http://finn.no |

Re: [OT] jira workflow WAS: Commented: (TILES-506) Fix link to jira under "Project Information --> Issue tracking"

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2010/5/4 Mck <mi...@semb.wever.org>:
> On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 09:35 +0200, Antonio Petrelli wrote:
>> Not the issue, the version in the "Fix for" field of Jira issues. The
>> issues should be moved to a higher version.
>
> Couldn't this just be done in the same bulk step as when you change all
> the issues to closed?
> That is all those resolved issues remain resolved until one of the "test
> builds" is successfully made into a release X.Y.Z. At that point then
> all those resolved issues are bulk changed to "closed" and "Fix for
> X.Y.X".

We want to avoid the bulk change from resolved to closed, not the "fix
fore" bulk change. The latter is mandatory anyway.

> It's not so important, as i've marked the subject OT

Why? It's perfectly On Topic!

> but i'm presuming
> that apache doesn't give anyone here the rights to remove the "resolved"
> state from the TILES jira project, and so am wondering if there's a way
> to better use it. Nobody likes dead wood!

I did not try, but probably I can create a separate custom workflow as
I did in Struts' Jira.
I can try it this evening (CET) at home if you like.

Antonio