Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/01 18:11:44 UTC

Re: Time to Call it a Day?

As I mentioned in one of the previous email, the best way to contribute
at this point is pick few JIRAs and send patches. Once you send around
three patches we will make you a committer.

Deepal

Re: Time to Call it a Day?

Posted by Andun Sameera <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andreas,

Will look in to this. Are we going to support jdk 1.8 also?

Thanks
Andun

Re: Time to Call it a Day?

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
I think that the primary reason for slowness is here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/axis/axis2/java/core/trunk/modules/integration/pom.xml?revision=1686544&view=markup#l492

Andreas

RE: Time to Call it a Day?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
faster buildtimes and reduce your wall-time performance I would suggest building/running JDK 1.8.0_40

i dont know the Microsoft solution for making builds faster
Maybe there is a internal Microsoft OS for devs that allows configurable options for max-heap or stack
since Deepal works for them maybe you can look into this Deepal?

Martin

Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 22:37:01 -0400
Subject: Re: Time to Call it a Day?
From: asankanbd@gmail.com
To: dev@synapse.apache.org
CC: axis-dev@ws.apache.org

Hi Deepal,
I will look into this.

Thanks,
Asanka

RE: Time to Call it a Day?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
for faster build-times and reduce wall-time I would suggest upgrading base JDK to JDK 1.8.0_40-b26

I dont know if Microsoft has a internal environment/shell for devs which allows configurable heap/stack options?

Since Deepal works for them can you look into configurable heap/stack options for Microsoft ?

Thanks,
Martin

Re: Time to Call it a Day?

Posted by Asanka Dissanayake <as...@gmail.com>.