Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> on 2004/02/27 13:52:24 UTC

JK2 Close to 2.0.4

Hi,

I finally have a couple of days to spare on JK2.
Since Henri is doing great job on Apache side, I'm willing to clean the IIS
port.

Are there any pending issues that I can help with, so we can make the
release.

MT.

RE: JK2 Close to 2.0.4

Posted by Guenter Knauf <ef...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

I've also have some problems with the bugzilla query;
Jean-Frederic, is it possible that you post here the query URL so that we all look at the same...?

G.

Q: why was jk2 doc removed from TC5?

Posted by Guenter Knauf <ef...@gmx.net>.
Hi,
found yesterday that the jk2 folder belows tomcat-docs is now removed, and the link now goes online to apache.org?

what was the reason for this change?

Guenter.

Re: JK2 Close to 2.0.4

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
jean-frederic clere wrote:
> Henri Gomez wrote:
>
>>jean-frederic clere wrote:

>>>Bugzilla reports 59 bugs... Help is _needed_ !!!
>>

>>Mladen, JF, Guenter, what about the APR_HOOK_MIDDLE in jk2_translate ?
>

> I am +0 for an APR_HOOK_MIDDLE, but I think we have to make sure mod_rewrite is
> before us:
> +++
>  static const char * const aszPre[] = { "mod_rewrite.c", NULL };
>
>  ap_hook_translate_name(jk2_translate,aszPre,NULL,APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);
> +++
> I have no problems with the APR_HOOK_FIRST and mod_dav.

I see that comment in mod_file_cache :

static void register_hooks(apr_pool_t *p)
{
     ap_hook_handler(file_cache_handler, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_LAST);
     ap_hook_post_config(file_cache_post_config, NULL, NULL,
APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);
     ap_hook_translate_name(file_cache_xlat, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);
     /* This trick doesn't work apparently because the translate hooks
        are single shot. If the core_hook returns OK, then our hook is
        not called.
     ap_hook_translate_name(file_cache_xlat, aszPre, NULL,
APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);
     */

}

but in mod_userdir.c :

static void register_hooks(apr_pool_t *p)
{
     static const char * const aszPre[]={ "mod_alias.c",NULL };
     static const char * const aszSucc[]={ "mod_vhost_alias.c",NULL };

ap_hook_translate_name(translate_userdir,aszPre,aszSucc,APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);
#ifdef HAVE_UNIX_SUEXEC

ap_hook_get_suexec_identity(get_suexec_id_doer,NULL,NULL,APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);
#endif
}

I'll commit the following (ok ?) :

static void jk2_register_hooks(apr_pool_t *p)
{
     static const char * const aszPre[]={ "mod_rewrite.c",NULL };

     ap_hook_handler(jk2_handler, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);
     ap_hook_post_config(jk2_post_config,NULL,NULL,APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);
     /* Force the mpm to run before us and set the scoreboard image */
     ap_hook_child_init(jk2_child_init,NULL,NULL,APR_HOOK_LAST);
     ap_hook_translate_name(jk2_translateaszPre,NULL,APR_HOOK_FIRST);
     ap_hook_map_to_storage(jk2_map_to_storage, NULL, NULL,
APR_HOOK_MIDDLE);
}

Re: JK2 Close to 2.0.4

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.

Re: JK2 Close to 2.0.4

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.

Re: JK2 Close to 2.0.4

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Mladen Turk wrote:

> [...]

Ok, but for next release, jk2 2.0.5...

> Some work has already been done, but few remaining are still open.

Sure.

> What is the APR version we are relying on? CVS or 0.94?

The latest available for Apache 2.0.48 (0.94 I think ?)

> The CVS version has a timeout reslist (my patch introduced to be used in
> JK2), that I can use instead of all that fuzzy load balancing code, and for
> socket recycling.
> Are we gonna wait for that or release as is?

First release

> Perhaps using #defines?

Could we have this determined at runtime ?

RE: JK2 Close to 2.0.4

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Re: JK2 Close to 2.0.4

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.

jk2 : init child

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
I'm looking now why jk2_init() can't find child XXX in scoreboard.

The MPM should BEFORE after us ? :

ap_hook_child_init(jk2_child_init, NULL, NULL, APR_HOOK_LAST);

Re: JK2 Close to 2.0.4

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
jean-frederic clere wrote:
> http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=&emailtype1=substring&emailassigned_to1=1&email2=&emailtype2=substring&emailreporter2=1&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&changedin=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&product=Tomcat+4&component=Connector%3ACoyote+JK+2&short_desc=&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&keywords=&keywords_type=anywords&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=&cmdtype=doit&newqueryname=&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time
>
> (Tomcat4 + Connector:Coyote Jk2).

There are some of them for TC 5 as well. The category is Native:JK. They
are probably a little bit more up to date.

Rémy

Re: JK2 Close to 2.0.4

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Mladen Turk wrote:

> [...]