Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by CLEMENT Jean-Philippe <je...@fr.thalesgroup.com> on 2017/03/29 17:02:02 UTC

KARAF-4829 Make sure configFile in features makes config available early

Hi,

About the issue KARAF-4829 about config files which may be available after bundles start, I'm looking for a workaround.

Is there a way to force cfg files to be copied to /etc during assembly?

Thanks!

Regards,
JP

Re: KARAF-4829 Make sure configFile in features makes config available early

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
By default, the plugin will write all configurations from startup and boot
stages.  For boot features, it can be further refined using the
pidsToExtract  parameter on the assembly mojo.  For example the default
karaf assembly does not extract configs for acls.
In all cases, whether the configuration is extract by the FeaturesService
at boot stage or not, the bundles should be started after the config is
installed.

So the default should be to extract all the cfg files.

Guillaume

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

RE: KARAF-4829 Make sure configFile in features makes config available early

Posted by CLEMENT Jean-Philippe <je...@fr.thalesgroup.com>.
Hi,

> In the mean time, can't you provision the cfg file in the etc folder during assembly ?

Do you mean putting the cfg files in the resources directory of the assembly bundle? ...via an option in the feature "configfile" tags? ...other?

Regards,
JP

we did an improvement today around this.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: KARAF-4829 Make sure configFile in features makes config available early

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr
jbonofre@apache.org

RE: KARAF-4829 Make sure configFile in features makes config available early

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: KARAF-4829 Make sure configFile in features makes config available early

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi JP,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofr