Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/15 20:09:12 UTC

[DISCUSS] Migration of Kafka data streaming module

Hi,

I wanted to discuss the proposal of migration of Kafka data streaming
module from Ignite repository to Ignite Extensions repository. We earlier
considered to not migrate Kafka module as mentioned here
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-36:+Modularization#IEP36:Modularization-IgniteModules

 I am considering the kafka module migration will be beneficial in
following respect:

1. It will allow us to keep all the 3rd party data streaming modules in
Ignite Extensions repo.
2. The teamcity Streamers project can be removed as it will no longer need
to be maintained.
3. Overall improvement in nightly build time for Apache Ignite.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
Saikat

Re: [DISCUSS] Migration of Kafka data streaming module

Posted by Saikat Maitra <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ilya, Denis

Thank you for your response, I will go ahead and update the wiki and plan
for migration of kafka module.

Regards,
Saikat

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.