Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Epiq Geronimo Team <ge...@epiqtech.com> on 2005/12/08 00:25:15 UTC

Geronimo Web Design - New Versions Updated From Feedback

Here are three new designs:

http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/apachegeronimoweb2.htm

These designs are based loosely on version 1 of the previous designs
posted and we have tried to incorporate the feedback we have received
regarding headers and navigation into the design.  The current left nav
bar has used the existing web site navigation. Let us know what you think.

The Epiq Team

Re: Geronimo Web Design - New Versions Updated From Feedback

Posted by John Sisson <jr...@gmail.com>.

#1 again.  Great work.

John

Re: Geronimo Web Design - New Versions Updated From Feedback

Posted by Donald Woods <dr...@yahoo.com>.
Excellent work.  I like #1, with the News Archive link/button from #2/#3.

-Donald

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Yes, this requires some thought.  I made a start at a proposal in my
first response, but I certainly don't claim to know the best
organization here.
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40geronimo.apache.org/msg13619.html

I usually don't like to see what appears to me as a random groupings of
items or a lot of duplicate links on a page.  But that's just me and I
can see where it might be helpful to have the same item duplicated in
several places so that different users can find them where they may
expect them to be.

It would be good to get some ideas from the home pages of other open
source projects and from folks with a lot more experience than I
concerning what a user/developer/etc... would find important for an open
source project so that we could put the common items in the most obvious
places and tucked away whatever isn't as common to simplify the view
(but still be able to locate it without too much searching).

Then again as Erin pointed out, it might be more important to just get
something that looks reasonable out as quickly as possible for V1 and
then enhance it as we learn more.

Joe

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net

lose."   -- Jim Elliot

Re: Geronimo Web Design - New Versions Updated From Feedback

Posted by Epiq Geronimo Team <ge...@epiqtech.com>.
Joe,

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
#1 is the style that I like the best.   Looks really good!   We just

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net

lose."   -- Jim Elliot

Re: Geronimo Web Design - New Versions Updated From Feedback

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
You know... we could potentially use this theme for Confluence, same
look and feel, just backed up by wiki.  http://adaptivist.com/ is a
good example of a non-wiki looking website backed by Confluence.

Anyways, just a thought.

Amazing eye candy though :-]  I still kinda like the rounded fauxtabs
in #2, but must admit that #1 is really appealing too... so is #3
actually.

--jason

Posted by Bharath Duggirala <db...@gmail.com>.
terriffic work! +1 for v1.

/Bharath

Re: Geronimo Web Design - New Versions Updated From Feedback

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 12/7/05, Epiq Geronimo Team <ge...@epiqtech.com> wrote:
> Here are three new designs:
>
> http://www.epiqtech.com/corp/products/technology/opensource/apachegeronimoweb2.htm
>
> These designs are based loosely on version 1 of the previous designs
> posted and we have tried to incorporate the feedback we have received
> regarding headers and navigation into the design.  The current left nav
> bar has used the existing web site navigation. Let us know what you think.

I'm torn because I like them all ;-). But I think I prefer #1 best.

Nice work!

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project