Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Stephen Cook <st...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/05 01:00:12 UTC

Re: Can't Open MS Word Doc w/Images

Dear Friends,

Brand new to Open Office (4.1.1) on newer iMac (running 10.10.4).  Did several searches on Forum and didn’t see my exact issue.

Transferred, text-only files created in MS Office 2004 open fine, even with tables. But while opening files with images get messaging stating, “need decompressor and Quicktime.”  .  .  .  .  . I can open the doc in Preview to print, but obviously can’t edit or add text.

Any ideas?

best,

Steve Cook

ps document itself apparently too big to send - earlier transmission rejected