Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by sfoster <sf...@adnovate.com> on 2010/06/16 10:47:19 UTC

SMX 4.2.0 Using WS-SecurityPolicy in cxf-bc gives an NPE

Hi,

I'm trying to set up WS-SecurityPolicy in a binding component. However I
keep hitting the following NullPointerException and can't find out how to
resolve this. I'm sure it's a question of configuration, but can't seem to
find any documentation on how to resolve it. The stacktrace is as follows:

18:29:01,931 | WARN  | 9@qtp-28677386-0 | PhaseInterceptorChain            |
ache.cxf.common.logging.LogUtils  361 | Interceptor for
{http://www.example.com/Company/StoreDataService}StoreDataService#{http://www.example.com/Company/StoreDataService}GetAllStoreData
has thrown exception, unwinding now
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.security.AuthenticationService$Proxy$1.invoke(AuthenticationService.java:52)
        at $Proxy77.authenticate(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.cxfbc.interceptors.JbiJAASInterceptor.handleMessage(JbiJAASInterceptor.java:90)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.cxfbc.interceptors.JbiJAASInterceptor.handleMessage(JbiJAASInterceptor.java:39)
        at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:243)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.ChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(ChainInitiationObserver.java:109)
        at
org.apache.servicemix.cxfbc.CxfBcConsumer$JbiChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(CxfBcConsumer.java:675)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPDestination.serviceRequest(JettyHTTPDestination.java:312)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPDestination.doService(JettyHTTPDestination.java:276)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPHandler.handle(JettyHTTPHandler.java:70)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerList.handle(HandlerList.java:49)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
        at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:938)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:755)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
        at
org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
        at
org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: SMX 4.2.0 Using WS-SecurityPolicy in cxf-bc gives an NPE

Posted by sfoster <sf...@adnovate.com>.
Hi Freeman,

Thanks, that solved my problem. I'm still getting errors, but none relate to
wsse.

Re: SMX 4.2.0 Using WS-SecurityPolicy in cxf-bc gives an NPE

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
I'm using apache-servicemix-4.2.0-fuse-02-00, you can download it from
[1]

[1]http://repo.open.iona.com/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/apache-servicemix/4.2.0-fuse-02-00/

Freeman
On 2010-6-23, at 下午6:31, sfoster wrote:

> Hi Freeman,
>
> I wish I was getting the ServicemixException. I'm still stuck with the
> policy alternatives error even after modifying my beans.xml to match
> your
> example and installing it on a fresh version of ServiceMix 4.2.0.
> Should I
> be using a newer version to get this working?

Freeman Fang
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Re: SMX 4.2.0 Using WS-SecurityPolicy in cxf-bc gives an NPE

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Well, this error comes from that you explicitly specify
WSS4jInInterceptor, which is incorrect for policy based ws-security
configuration.
For policy based ws-security configuration, WSSecurityPolicyLoader
will add PolicyBasedWSS4JInterceptor automatically which will set
related assertion accordingly.
Also, you miss to import some resources like
         <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-
policy.xml" />
         <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-ws-
security.xml" />

Your src/main/resources/META-INF/spring/beans.xml should be

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<beans
	xmlns:cxfbc="http://servicemix.apache.org/cxfbc/1.0"
	xmlns:osgi="http://www.springframework.org/schema/osgi"
	xmlns:hema="http://www.adnovate.com/HEMA/StoreDataService"
         xmlns:util="http://www.springframework.org/schema/util"
  	xsi:schemaLocation="
		http://servicemix.apache.org/cxfbc/1.0
		        http://servicemix.apache.org/cxfbc/1.0/servicemix-cxf-bc.xsd
                 http://www.springframework.org/schema/osgi
			http://www.springframework.org/schema/osgi/spring-osgi.xsd
                 http://www.springframework.org/schema/util
                         http://www.springframework.org/schema/util/spring-util.xsd
">

         <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-
soap.xml" />
         <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-
http.xml" />
         <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-
policy.xml" />
         <import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-ws-
security.xml" />

<bean id="myPasswordCallback"
class="com.adnovate.security.PasswordTextHandler"/>

   <util:map id="properties">
     <entry>
       <key >
         <util:constant
           static-
field="org.apache.cxf.ws.security.SecurityConstants.CALLBACK_HANDLER" />
       </key>
       <ref bean="myPasswordCallback"/>
     </entry>
   </util:map>

	<cxfbc:consumer wsdl="wsdl/StoreDataService.wsdl"
		targetEndpoint="hema:DataServiceEndpoint"
targetService="hema:StoreDataServiceSE"
		useJBIWrapper="false" useSOAPEnvelope="true"
		delegateToJaas="false" properties="#properties">
		<cxfbc:inInterceptors>
		</cxfbc:inInterceptors>
	</cxfbc:consumer>

	<bean class="org.apache.servicemix.common.osgi.EndpointExporter" />

</beans>

It works by my test, although you will see
org.apache.servicemix.nmr.api.ServiceMixException: Could not dispatch
exchange. No matching endpoints, apparently this is caused by you are
missing some target endpoint (maybe cxf se endpoint) of cxf bc
consumer in your testcase.

Freeman

On 2010-6-17, at 上午4:25, sfoster wrote:

> [...]
> org
> .apache
> .cxf
> .ws
> .policy.AssertionInfoMap.checkEffectivePolicy(AssertionInfoMap.java:
> 140)
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .cxf
> .ws
> .policy
> .PolicyVerificationInInterceptor
> .handle(PolicyVerificationInInterceptor.java:96)
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .cxf
> .ws
> .policy
> .AbstractPolicyInterceptor
> .handleMessage(AbstractPolicyInterceptor.java:45)

Freeman Fang
------------------------

Posted by sfoster <sf...@adnovate.com>.
Hi Freeman,

I attached the projects for my bc and client. I have a service based on the
wsdl deployed as a bog-standard webapp with cxf, and the idea was to
replicate this service with servicemix. I think i'm running up against
classloading issues as I have to configure the WSS4JInInterceptor with beans
instead of classnames. If I don't it throws ClassNotFoundException's for the
PasswordCallback and UsernameTokenProcessor.

http://servicemix.396122.n5.nabble.com/file/n509858/bc-issue-projects.zip
bc-issue-projects.zip

Many thanks for your time and effort.

Re: SMX 4.2.0 Using WS-SecurityPolicy in cxf-bc gives an NPE

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I can't tell so much only from this exception.
It seems that your client side didn't configure correctly to send out
message with required Tokens.

Could you provide more details?

> [...]

> org
> .apache
> .cxf
> .ws
> .policy.AssertionInfoMap.checkEffectivePolicy(AssertionInfoMap.java:
> 140)
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .cxf
> .ws
> .policy
> .PolicyVerificationInInterceptor
> .handle(PolicyVerificationInInterceptor.java:96)
> 	at
> org
> .apache
> .cxf
> .ws
> .policy
> .AbstractPolicyInterceptor
> .handleMessage(AbstractPolicyInterceptor.java:45)

Freeman Fang
------------------------

Posted by sfoster <sf...@adnovate.com>.
Hi Freeman,

{http://docs.oasis-open.org/ws-sx/ws-securitypolicy/200702}UsernameToken
[...]

org.apache.cxf.ws.policy.AbstractPolicyInterceptor.handleMessage(AbstractPolicyInterceptor.java:45)
	... 18 more

Re: SMX 4.2.0 Using WS-SecurityPolicy in cxf-bc gives an NPE

Posted by sfoster <sf...@adnovate.com>.
Hi Freeman,

Is it possible to sove this issue without circumventing the default
implementation? If possible I would like to integrate my own LoginModule
using JAAS.

Re: SMX 4.2.0 Using WS-SecurityPolicy in cxf-bc gives an NPE

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You need add  delegateToJaas="false" for cxf bc consumer endpoint.

Freeman