Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rene Guenther <in...@innflow.com> on 2007/06/28 09:32:51 UTC

Update Tomcat 5 -> 6 .. JDBC driver problem

Hello,

I am getting the following exception with tomcat 6.0.13:

Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL
'null'

This exception I dont get with tomcat 5.5.23

I put the mysql jdbc driver (version 5.x) into
apache-tomcat-x.x.x/common/lib

Anyone knows what the problem could be?

(OS: Linux Debian, Java Version 1.5)

Regards
René

RE: Update Tomcat 5 -> 6 .. JDBC driver problem

Posted by Leonardo Augusto <Le...@locaweb.com.br>.
Hi,

Tomcat 5.5.x, 6.0.13 !

<Resource name="jdbc/Name" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource" factory="org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory" username="XXX" password="XXX" driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" url="jdbc:mysql://domain.com:3306/BASE?autoReconnect=true" maxActive="10" maxIdle="10" maxWait="5000" removeAbandoned="true" removeAbandonedTimeout="30" logAbandoned="true" />

Tomcat 4.x, 5.x

                 <Resource name="jdbc/Name" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
                 <ResourceParams name="jdbc/Name">
                 	<parameter>
		                 <name>factory</name>
	                 </parameter>
                	 <parameter>
		                 <name>maxActive</name>
		                 <value>10</value>
	                 </parameter>
                	 <parameter>
		                 <name>maxIdle</name>
		                 <value>10</value>
	                 </parameter>
                	 <parameter>
		                 <name>maxWait</name>
		                 <value>5000</value>
	                 </parameter>
                	 <parameter>
		                 <name>removeAbandoned</name>
		                 <value>true</value>
	                 </parameter>
                	 <parameter>
		                 <name>removeAbandonedTimeout</name>
		                 <value>30</value>
	                 </parameter>
                	 <parameter>
		                 <name>username</name>
		                 <value>XXXXXX</value>
	                 </parameter>
                	 <parameter>
		                 <name>password</name>
		                 <value>XXXXXXX</value>
	                 </parameter>
                	 <parameter>
		                 <name>driverClassName</name>
		                 <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
	                 </parameter>
                	 <parameter>
		                 <name>url</name>
		                 <value>jdbc:mysql://domain1:3306/BASE?autoReconnect=true</value>
	                 </parameter>
                 </ResourceParams>
                 </Context>

See you!

Posted by daniel steel <se...@yahoo.com>.

---------------------------------

Re: Update Tomcat 5 -> 6 .. JDBC driver problem

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.

Posted by gregory hans <ha...@yahoo.com>.

David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu> wrote:  In tomcat 6, the new common/lib is simply lib as I understand it. Could

Rene Guenther wrote:
> Alas, still the same error.
>
> So you think, that I get this error because tomcat isnt able to find
> the .jar file with the MySQL driver? Maybe something changed between
> Tomcat 5 and 6 related to ?
>
> Regards
> René
>
> On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 18:37:21 +0800
> "Allen å&shy;™" wrote:
>> Put your jars into: *apache-tomcat-6.x.x/lib* will be just fine.
>>

>> 2007/6/28, Rene Guenther :
>>>
>>> Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I am still getting
>>> the same error with tomcat 6.0.13
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> René

>> --
>> Sincerely yours å&shy;™

---------------------------------
TV dinner still cooling?

Re: Update Tomcat 5 -> 6 .. JDBC driver problem

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.

Posted by Omar de Carvalho <om...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi Rene,

  I have problems in the past with tomcat and jdbc driver assigned as zip file and not jar. Outside tomcat I could open classe12.zip driver and inside tomcat not. Mind in the name of your driver...

  Regards,

  Omar Neto

?

---------------------------------

Re: Update Tomcat 5 -> 6 .. JDBC driver problem

Posted by Rene Guenther <in...@innflow.com>.
Alas, still the same error.

Posted by Allen 孙 <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rene Guenther <in...@innflow.com>.

Posted by gregory hans <ha...@yahoo.com>.
try to put your jdbc in your web application (WEB-INF/LIB/). stop the service first, put the jdbc then start again...

Rene Guenther <in...@innflow.com> wrote: Hello,

I am getting the following exception with tomcat 6.0.13:

Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL
'null'

This exception I dont get with tomcat 5.5.23

I put the mysql jdbc driver (version 5.x) into
apache-tomcat-x.x.x/common/lib

Anyone knows what the problem could be?

(OS: Linux Debian, Java Version 1.5)

Regards
René

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.