Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jason Lane <ja...@root10.net> on 2004/03/22 14:35:13 UTC

XML:DB questions

Hi there list!

OK a few questions:

1. What in the XML:DB XUpdate spec has been implemented?
2. To access the embeded xindice within Cocoon through the Xindice CMD
tool do I have to set Xindice home as : $COCOON_HOME/WEB-INF/lib/ ??

Many thanks
Jason Lane

Developer
Root10 developments

Re: XML:DB questions

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Jason Lane wrote:

> Hi there list!
>
> OK a few questions:
>
> 1. What in the XML:DB XUpdate spec has been implemented?
> 2. To access the embeded xindice within Cocoon through the Xindice CMD
> tool do I have to set Xindice home as : $COCOON_HOME/WEB-INF/lib/ ??

I'd point it at $COCOON_HOME. As the Xindice libs are all in
WEB-INF/lib, which I imagine is where XIndice would expect them.

Also, you'll need to see whether the XIndice servlet is started or not,
otherwise you'll have to use -l to use embedded mode on the CMD tool. If
you are using embedded, don't write to the DB via the CMD tool when a
servlet is running. You'll loose your changes. One XIndice DB per VM.

Regards, Upayavira