Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by 金砖 <ji...@wacai.com> on 2017/05/31 09:22:38 UTC

secondary index consistency guarantee

hi, everyone:
I read from document there are 3 levels of consistency.
http://phoenix.apache.org/secondary_indexing.html

In "Disallow table writes until mutable index is consistent", index will be rebuilt in the background in the event of a commit failure.

Does the rebuilt procedure will be performed incrementally , the same with "Disable mutable indexes on write failure until consistency restored" , and all configurations will be the same ?

Or index will be rebuilt from the beginning ?

If the latter case, when index table is huge, whole cluster will be overload, and unavailable.

Re: secondary index consistency guarantee

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
Hello,
The index rebuild process is incremental, based on the time stamp at which
the index write failure originally occurred.
Thanks,
James