Posted to user@struts.apache.org by niels <ni...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/29 11:15:37 UTC

Where did the target attribute go in the a-tag?

There is no target attribute in de a-tag:
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/a.html

I am a newbie, and want to open de link in another (specified) browser
window..

How to overcome this?

Niels

Re: Where did the target attribute go in the a-tag?

Posted by niels <ni...@gmail.com>.
Thanks,

This works form me:
<s:url id="url"  action="getCRUD" />

niels

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.

Posted by niels <ni...@gmail.com>.
David,

I don't understand what you mean by "anchor"
imagine the next situation.

<s:url id="url" action="getCRUD">
	<s:param name="id" value="%{user.id}" />
</s:url>
<s:a href="%{url}">edit</s:a>

Niels

Posted by David Tercero <dt...@gmail.com>.
target belong to the anchor, not to the s:url tag.

Posted by niels <ni...@gmail.com>.
Thanks David,

Posted by David Tercero <dt...@gmail.com>.
Hi niels,

Posted by David Tercero <dt...@gmail.com>.
If you do that, the url will be printed on the html page. You can put it all
together:

<s:url action= " target="_blank">...

You can use a html anchor ( .... ), and use the s:url tag to provide the
url. This is the way I usually code the links in my web applications.

Regards.