Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/29 07:26:48 UTC

Flume NG git question

When I run "git clone git://git.apache.org/flume.git" which version am I
cloning? How can I control which version to build on? And also how to see
what versions are available?

Re: Flume NG git question

Posted by Hari Shreedharan <hs...@cloudera.com>.
Mohit,

You should follow the instructions here: http://flume.apache.org/source.html.

Also HEAD is configured to be trunk, so when you clone flume, you get trunk. Execute git checkout <branch_name> to switch to that branch,. If you are not familiar with git take a look at git-scm.com. The ProGit book is pretty good. Run git branch to see all the branches.

Cheers,
Hari

--
Hari Shreedharan