Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/17 21:19:11 UTC

Cutting 4.5.1 release

Hi BookKeepers,
I am going to start the release process for 4.5.1 release.
This is the list of candidates, already cherry picked to branch-4.5:

https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/issues?utf8=✓&q=label%3Arelease%2F4.5.1%20type%3Aissue%20
<https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=label%3Arelease%2F4.5.1%20type%3Aissue%20>

If you want to add an issue to the list please add the 4.5.1 label soon and
notify me on the email thread.

I would like to create the first rc within a couple of days

Enrico

--

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Cutting 4.5.1 release

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Another showstopper for 4.5.1 (and 4.6.0), I think we have to update NOTICE
file for bookkeeper-dist package

https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/issues/688

Enrico

Re: Cutting 4.5.1 release

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
For 4.5.1 we are not going to 'release' such package. I will remove the
4.5.1 label from the issue.

Enrico

Il ven 3 nov 2017, 09:07 Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Another showstopper for 4.5.1 (and 4.6.0), I think we have to update
> NOTICE file for bookkeeper-dist package
>
> https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/issues/688
>
> Enrico

>> > I wonder if I should create a pull request in order to bump the
>> > 4.5.1-SNAPSHOT and wait for approval.
>> 4.5.1-SNAPSHOT is not needed and would serve no purpose.
>>
>> > Do we have to log in git history:
>> > - the presence of a 4.5.1-SNAPSHOT
>> > - the presence of a 4.5.1 version
>> > In the branch-4.5
>> >
>> > Or may we bump version directly to 4.5.2-SNAPSHOT?
>> There needs to be a 4.5.1 version so you can release. But you also
>> need to have 4.5.1-rc0, etc.
>>
>> > On the 4.5.1 tag the version will be 4.5.1 without -SNAPSHOT ?
>> > The source tar ball will have surely 4.5.1.
>> I would expect everything to be 4.5.1 on the final artifacts. However,
>> for now it should all have the rcX suffices.
>>

>> -Ivan
>>

> --

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Cutting 4.5.1 release

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cutting 4.5.1 release

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.

Re: Cutting 4.5.1 release

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il gio 2 nov 2017, 12:57 Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Another odd think in branch-4.5
>
> we have currently poms at version 4.5.0-SNAPSHOT
>
> https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/blob/branch-4.5/pom.xml
>
> it should be 4.5.1-SNASHOT in my opinion.
>
> During the release of 4.5.1 I will fix this.
>
> @Sijie @Ivan
> Do you think we should fix this before starting the release process ?
>
> After release of 4.5.1 we will have 4.5.2-SNAPSHOT on branch-4.5, no ?

I wonder if I should create a pull request in order to bump the
4.5.1-SNAPSHOT and wait for approval.

Do we have to log in git history:
- the presence of a 4.5.1-SNAPSHOT
- the presence of a 4.5.1 version
In the branch-4.5

Or may we bump version directly to 4.5.2-SNAPSHOT?

On the 4.5.1 tag the version will be 4.5.1 without -SNAPSHOT ?
The source tar ball will have surely 4.5.1.

Sorry for bothering with such questions but I think we should have a common
way of doing such things and it is not clear to me

Enrico

> Enrico

>> > I think Ivan is working on it, he already fixed the problem on 4.6 but
>> the
>> > patch is diffent.
>> >
>> I wasn't, but I will do tomorrow.
>>
>> -Ivan
>>

> --

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: Cutting 4.5.1 release

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cutting 4.5.1 release

Posted by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org>.

Re: Cutting 4.5.1 release

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
We have a stopstopper for 4.5 branch
https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/issues/683

Let's commit this first and then I will cut the RC and do the 4.5.1 tag

I think Ivan is working on it, he already fixed the problem on 4.6 but the
patch is diffent.

Meanwhile I am exercising with the release guite, which is to be adapted
for minor releases

Stay tuned
Enrico

Re: Cutting 4.5.1 release