Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Gary Beckler <ga...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/25 22:04:13 UTC

Creating mapred-site.xml file

I am trying to create the mapred-site.xml file by typing the command

   sudo cp $HADOOP_HOME/etc/hadoop/mapred-site.xml.template
\$HADOOP_HOME/etc/hadoop/mapred-site.xml

The mapred-site.xml file is not in the directory
/usr/share/hadoop/etc/hadoop

I have installed hadpoop-3.0.0.  Is the mapred-site.xml file not included in
this release?

Thanks,
Gary

Re: Creating mapred-site.xml file

Posted by Miklos Szegedi <sz...@apache.org>.
Gary,

It is there in Hadoop 3.0 as well. It is just named simply as
mapred-site.xml.

# find . -name mapred-site*
./etc/hadoop/mapred-site.xml
# find . -name mapred-site* | xargs cat
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--
  Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
  you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
  You may obtain a copy of the License at

  limitations under the License. See accompanying LICENSE file.
-->

<!-- Put site-specific property overrides in this file. -->

<configuration>

</configuration>

Thank you,
Miklos