Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2006/01/24 17:26:56 UTC

Re: mod_proxy_balancer: how to define failover (only)/hot standby behavior?

Actually, dev@httpd.apache.org is best, since that is where
the development of this module is being done. I have changed
the email headers accordingly.

A sort of "warm standby" is something that I had planned to
work into the balancer code post 2.2.1.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Actually, dev@httpd.apache.org is best, since that is where
> the development of this module is being done. I have changed
> the email headers accordingly.
>
> A sort of "warm standby" is something that I had planned to
> work into the balancer code post 2.2.1.

Like said earlier.

Hot standby already works with mod_proxy balancer.
The 'hot standby' BalancerMember must be initially 'disabled'.
Other members must have 'redirect' option set to the name of
'hot standby' member.

The thing we would need to backport from mod_jk 1.2.14+ is
hot-standby to 'domain'.

Regards,
Mladen.