Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Persy Morell Guerra <pm...@xetid.cu.INVALID> on 2021/08/18 14:26:16 UTC

About discrimination...

Today I went to download content from the official site and the downloads were redirected to the "sourceforge.net" site. I am not a terrorist, nor a murderer. I am a Cuban worker, I am proud to be Cuban. However, and despite the fact that some of the products you offer are supposedly "open source", and it is "free" for everyone, me and other thousands of Cubans are not allowed to download their content from sourceforge.net because we are Cubans. It is true that the discriminatory policy is not yours, it belongs to sourceforge.net, but you are complicit in that policy of constant North American blockade of my country just like sourceforge.net

Are you in favor of the bloc to my country?

Do you support this discriminatory, unjust and murderous policy?

I hope not, I hope you can create truly democratic alternatives in cyberspace, free alternatives in all inhuman aspects. In fact, there are many different alternatives to sourceforge.net.

Thanks a lot.

Note: I was trying to download form : https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/4.1.10/binaries/es/Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.10_Linux_x86-64_install-deb_es.tar.gz/download

Re: About discrimination...

Posted by Delio Orozco Gonzalez <de...@arnac.cu.INVALID>.
Hao Wang:

AOO is not blockced in Cuba. I live in Cuba and use AOO. I have also used LibreOffice, Soft Maker and WPS that had named King Office who have never been blocked in Cuba.

Regards, Delio.

Posted by Hao Wang <ha...@live.com>.
Dear Persy,

Re: About discrimination...