Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/17 06:55:51 UTC

Preparing Pax Exam 2.3.1 release

Hey Guys,

@Karaf we're currently using Pax Exam 2.3.0 and experienced PAXEXAM-351
[1] as we've upgraded the guava lib for all Karaf projects to it's
latest version (KARAF-1207 [2]).  With version 2.4.0 not available right
now (and with no final release date) I've created a new v2.3.x branch on
pax-exam and backported PAXEXAM-351 [1] there. Using this patch fixes
our problems.

I will like to release Pax Exam 2.3.1 on monday/thuesday with this
patch. Though there had been various other bugfixes on master (well, at
least I assume that those had been bugfixes by reading the issues and
the changesets :-)). I'm not quite sure which ones though. @Harald
and/or Toni: do you consider any of them critical for backporting to
2.3.1? If not I'll simply release with the single fix; though I think
it's a good time to stabilze 2.3.x with what we've learned during the
2.4.x development.

Kind regards,
Andreas

[1] http://team.ops4j.org/browse/PAXEXAM-351