Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jan Høydahl / Cominvent <ja...@cominvent.com> on 2010/11/01 20:26:01 UTC

Re: Reverse range search

Hi,

I think I have seen a comment on the list from someone with the same need a few months ago.
He planned to make a new fieldType to support this, e.g. MinMaxRangeFieldType which would
be a polyField type holding both a min and max value, and then you could query it
q=myminmaxfield:123

I did not find it as a Jira issue however, but I can see how it would be useful for a lot of usecases. Perhaps you can create a Jira issue for it and supply a patch? :)

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com