Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Thusitha Thilina Dayaratne <th...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/20 09:26:04 UTC

Can "" is use as context root in Tomcat 7.0.59

Hi All,

Is it possible to set am empty string ("") as the root context in Tomcat
7.0.59?
I'm currently using "/" as the root context path. But since tomcat doesn't
like that I want to change the path to something similar.

Thanks
/Thusitha

Re: Can "" is use as context root in Tomcat 7.0.59

Posted by Thusitha Thilina Dayaratne <th...@gmail.com>.
H Felix,

The context name would be ROOT.
> See naming in https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html
> .

Thanks for the quick response :)

Regards

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.

> Am 20. Juli 2015 09:26:04 MESZ, schrieb Thusitha Thilina Dayaratne <th...@gmail.com>:
>>Hi All,
>>
>>Is it possible to set am empty string ("") as the root context in
>>Tomcat
>>7.0.59?
>>I'm currently using "/" as the root context path. But since tomcat
>>doesn't
>>like that I want to change the path to something similar.
>
> The context name would be ROOT.

The above is wrong.

> See naming in https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html.

The link is good, more specifically:
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html#Naming

"ROOT" is "base name" or "Base File Name" as listed in the table
there. You use it when naming a file: ROOT.war, ROOT directory or
ROOT.xml for a context file.

The "context path" when used as explicit value in configuration
attribute or in various APIs is an empty string.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

Re: Can "" is use as context root in Tomcat 7.0.59

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.